My First Lesson Plan
As I started writing my first lesson plan, I was very uncertain what the ASSURE components are. I was very frustrated at first because I was not sure if I was planning my lesson correctly. Since this is my first lesson plan, it was very difficult for me. I thought creating a lesson plan was easy for a teacher to do but now I know that it takes time and patience to make the ASSURE components jive together and that they should aligned one another.
With my problems on hand, first thing I needed to do was to do research. One of the tools that I learned in class was using different types of search engines. Therefore, I looked up the acronyms ASSURE model (Nelson) and sure enough the explanation was in front of my screen. Although there were a lot of websites containing the same information, I had to evaluate the site to make sure that it is valid.
The very least I liked about this assignment is the fact that it’s my first. As the saying goes “There’s always a first time for everything”, absolutely reflected me while I was trying to finish up my lesson plan assignment. I had difficulties in developing my objectives that it took most of my time online doing the practice exercises trying to make sure that my ABC and Ds are aligned (Nelson). The best I liked about this assignment was learning how to create a lesson plan using the ASSURE model. The ASSURE model is one of the best ways to create a lesson plan because it’s very simple format. In addition, I thought the topic of the lesson plan was great. Incorporating technology with content area is a wonderful combination of learning innovatively and at the same time it enhances students’ skills in areas such as creativity and knowledge (NETS).
I think the best NETS*T for this assignment is number 1, facilitate and inspire student learning and creativity (NETS). Students are always interest in learning new technology and skills and teachers are their best tool to teach these. Teaching students a subject can be fun, teachers should not be scared to incorporate technology in class because students will be inspired. Therefore, I think number 1 is the best standard for the lesson plan assignment.
References
Nelson, Jennifer (nd) Lesson Plan Models Retrieved on Sept. 20, 2008 from
http://clifmims.wetpaint.com/page/Lesson+Plan+Models?t=anon
NETS for Teachers (2008) retrieved on Sept. 20, 2008 from
http://www.iste.org/Content/NavigationMenu/NETS/ForTeachers/2008Standards/NETS_for_Teachers_2008.htm
1 comment:
Hi:
Complete and nicely written.
-j-
Post a Comment